Are you looking for the best hardside luggage but are confused by the various models on the market? You can be immersed in the various considerations to consider, such as design, materials, compartment organization and so on. Given your requirements, my top 15 best hardside luggage analysis below should provide you with a satisfactory response.
- Why Should You Choose The Best Hardside Luggage?
- Which Brands Of Hard Side Luggage Are The Best?
- Best Hardside Luggage – Comparison Chart 2021
- Which Are The Best Hardside Luggage To Buy?
- My Reviews For The Best Hardside Luggage in 2021
- 1. Best Overall: DELSEY Paris Expandable Hardside Luggage
- 2. Best Budget: Samsonite Scratch-Resistant Hardside Luggage
- 3. Best Carry-On: Amazon Basics Spinner Hardside Luggage
- 4. Best Checked: Samsonite Functional Hardside Luggage
- 5. Best with Various Color Options: American Tourister Stylish Hardside Luggage
- 6. Best with TSA-Approved Design: Samsonite TSA-Approved Hardside Luggage
- 7. Best Durable: Samsonite Lightweight Hardside Luggage
- 8. Best Lightweight: CHESTER Carry-On Hardside Luggage
- 9. Best Stylish: DELSEY Paris Durable Stunning Hardside Luggage
- 10. Best Zipper-less: TRAVELKING Water-Proof Hardside Luggage
- 11. Briggs & Riley Durable 4-Wheel Hardside Luggage
- 12. Best Set: Rockland Lightweight Sturdy Hardside Luggage
- 13. Best for Kids: American Touriste Dedicated Cute Hardside Luggage
- 14. Best Smart: Wrangler Dedicated Carry-On Hardside Luggage
- 15. Best Impact-Resistant: Travelpro Long-Lasting Lightweight Hardside Luggage
- Crucial Factors To Consider Before Purchasing The Best Hard Side Luggage
- How To Clean The Best Hard Side Luggage?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- My Top Pick
Why Should You Choose The Best Hardside Luggage?
When it comes to buying the luggage, you might be confused between hard side and soft side luggage. Here are some advantages that might encourage you to choose the best hard side luggage for traveling.
Protection And Security
The toughness of hard-shell suitcases provides greater impact resistance during flight. Therefore, if you want to transport valuables such as your laptop, camera, or other devices, a hardside or hard shell suitcase provides the best degree of protection against damage in transit. A high-quality case will also keep the most valuable belongings dry in hot or humid environments.
Besides, hard-shell suitcases limit the possibility of burglary or someone putting something in the luggage’s exterior pockets.
Taking Advantages Of The Space
Most hardside cases open like a book and have a 50/50 split so you can fill both sides evenly. There are no cloth folds to deal with, so the room is very accessible.
Obviously, there will still be a lot of similar or equivalent cases on every carousel, but for hard-side cases, you can go all out and show off your style with vibrant colors, bold graphics, and even custom printed photos, making it super easy to spot at baggage claim. If that isn’t enough, you should still use those innovative luggage stickers.
Hard cases travel much more smoothly than most forms of wheeled luggage. Hardside suitcases are designed to stand upright and balance with the weight of their contents. They usually have four wheels and a super-strong handle, making them easy to roll alongside you.
Which Brands Of Hard Side Luggage Are The Best?
The following are several trusted brands to remember when looking for the best hard side luggage.
Delsey Paris was founded in 1946 in Paris as a manufacturer of leather camera cases and grew into the luggage market in 1970 with the introduction of the first hardcase line.
It continues to specialize in hardside bags, having invented the first style of a single main compartment, identical to a softside luggage configuration. Softside luggage, garment packs, and duffels are also available in a variety of styles and colors.
Delsey, known for its innovative technologies, provides superior longevity and value in the middle price range.
Samsonite, one of the most well-known luggage companies, started as a trunk maker more than a century ago. Hardside and softside luggage, garment bags, backpacks, and travel accessories are among its many items. Their product range also includes four-wheeled spinners and gliders, which have a lower centre of gravity. Samsonite materials, which are sold in the low-to-middle price range, have reliability, beauty, and value.
Chester arose from necessity. It grew weary of luggage that never seemed to fit as avid travelers to any part of the globe. It was either too big, too difficult, or too quickly destroyed by harsh weather or adventures.
Then, Chester set out to make luggage for ourselves. To make things exactly right, it played with various fabrics, wheels, and interior design. Also, Chester tested our goods on the road and registered how to constantly develop them. What you see today is the product of that effort.
Traveling is one of life’s greatest pleasures, so Chester set out to create a partner that will make your life simpler so you can concentrate on the adventures.
Rockland has been manufacturing premium luggage and bags for the style-conscious traveler since its founding in 1998. Rockland is known for its graphic and imaginative styles, and it takes pride in making items that are inspired by emerging illustration and fashion trends.
Its brands draw attention in a crowd and stick out on the luggage carousel, allowing for swift escapes from the airport. Rockland bags are a perfect companion for anything from fast visits to the gym to overnight getaways to extended vacations because they are affordable and travel resistant.
Founded 75 years ago, American Tourister is another great brand for affordable, durable, and fun luggage. Its products are unmistakable thanks to the colorful and fun design. Additionally, by offering a wide selection of stylish and valuable travel products, American Tourister has been the smart choice for many customers worldwide.
Best Hardside Luggage – Comparison Chart 2021
This comparison chart categorizes the top 15 best hard side luggage based on their key features. Following this chart may greatly assist you in selecting the best one.
|Best Hardside Luggage||Product Dimensions||Weight||Materials||Size||Key Features|
|DELSEY Paris Expandable Hardside Luggage - Best Overall||19 x 13 x 9.5 inches||8.2 pounds||100% polycarbonate||19 inches||3-dial TSA-approved lock|
|Samsonite Scratch-Resistant Hardside Luggage - Best Budget||14.75 x 9.5 x 19.6 inches||8.26 pounds||Polycarbonate and aluminum||20 inches||Expansion on all sizes|
|Amazon Basics Spinner Hardside Luggage - Best Carry-On||14.96 x 10.04 x 21.65 inches||7.34 pounds||ABS, 150D polyester||21 inches||4 double spinner wheels|
|Samsonite Functional Hardside Luggage - Best Checked||27.75 x 20 x 11 inches||8.8 pounds||100% Bayer Makrolon Polycarbonate||28 inches||Integrated 3-digit TSA lock|
|American Tourister Stylish Hardside Luggage - Best with Various Color Options||11.8 x 17.5 x 27 inches||9.04 pounds||Not specified||24 inches||1.5-inch expansion on all sizes|
|Samsonite TSA-Approved Hardside Luggage - Best with TSA-Approved Design||11.4 x 17.3 x 24.5 inches||10.8 pounds||Carbon fiber||25-inches||Scratch-resistant texture|
|Samsonite Lightweight Hardside Luggage - Best Durable||12.75 x 20 x 31 inches||11.68 pounds||100% polycarbonate||28 inches||Wider push-button handle|
|CHESTER Carry-On Hardside Luggage - Best Lightweight||13.5 x 8.5 x 21.5 inches||7 pounds||100% polycarbonate||35 liters||Ample capacity|
|DELSEY Paris Durable Stunning Hardside Luggage - Best Stylish||27.5 x 12.5 x 20 inches||12.6 pounds||100% polycarbonate||28 inches||Recessed TSA lock|
|TRAVELKING Water-Proof Hardside Luggage - Best Zipper-less||13.4 x 7.5 x 19.3 inches||13.67 pounds||Aluminum||20 - 28 inches||3 telescoping handle|
|Briggs & Riley Durable 4-Wheel Hardside Luggage||20.39 x 12.91 x 29.02 inches||12 pounds||100% virgin Makrolon polycarbonate||29 inches||Crunch-down garment panels|
|Rockland Lightweight Sturdy Hardside Luggage - Best Set||32 x 21 x 13 inches||16 pounds||ABS||20 inches, 28 inches||2-inch expendable design|
|American Touriste Dedicated Cute Hardside Luggage - Best for Kids||9 x 13.8 x 22.5 inches||1 pound||Not specified||21 inches||Smooth single spinner wheels|
|Wrangler Dedicated Carry-On Hardside Luggage - Best Smart||14.5 x 11 x 20 inches||6.98 pounds||Not specified||20 inches||Patented 3-in-1 pot holder|
|Travelpro Long-Lasting Lightweight Hardside Luggage - Best Impact-Resistant||11.5 x 17.25 x 27 inches||8.89 pounds||100% polycarbonate||25 inches||Impact-resistant hard shell|
Which Are The Best Hardside Luggage To Buy?
The best hard side luggage can be found from these well-known brands such as DELSEY Paris, America Tourister, ROCKLAND or Chester. They provide the top-notch quality luggage with stunning appearance as well. Otherwise, if you’re on a tight budget, you might go for Samsonite’s luggage as well.
Furthermore, if you don’t have much time to research, the best hardside luggage with a short useful information are mentioned below for you as a guide.
- Best Overall: DELSEY Paris Expandable Hardside Luggage
“Large front compartment, easy accessibility, double spinner wheels for superior maneuverability, meeting carry-on size restriction, large capacity, a comfortable handle system, two large fully-lined design, and featuring 15.6-inch padded laptop sleeve.”
- Best Budget: Samsonite Scratch-Resistant Hardside Luggage
“A 20-inch spinner luggage, meeting most carry-on side restrictions, scratch-resistant texture, full-zip interior divider, side-mounted TSA locks, and offering 10 year limited warranty.”
- Best Carry-On: Amazon Basics Spinner Hardside Luggage
“39-liter interior capacity, protective hard shell, scratch-repellent finish, made of thick ABS materials, fully lined interior with divider, 3 zippered pockets, 15% expandable ability, and 4 smooth double spinner wheels.”
- Best Checked: Samsonite Functional Hardside Luggage
“360-degree easy-pivot mobility, functional interior, three-digit TSA lock, built with high-tech material, lined divider, and impressively scratch-resistant finish.”
- Best with Various Color Options: American Tourister Stylish Hardside Luggage
“Multi-directional spinner wheels, 1.5-inch expansion, great push button locking handles, stunning finish, and offering 10-year limited warranty.”
- Best with TSA-Approved Design: Samsonite TSA-Approved Hardside Luggage
“Low profile TSA-approved lock, extraordinary scratch-resistant texture, minimalist design, dual spinner wheels, stronger and thinner framing system, corrugated shells, handle tubes, and 10-year limited warranty.”
- Best Durable: Samsonite Lightweight Hardside Luggage
“4 multi-directional spinner wheels, side-mounted TSA lock, 1.5-inch expansion on all sizes, unified brushed pattern custom design, impressive slider, lightweight, dedicated locking telescopic handle, and providing 10-year limited warranty.”
- Best Lightweight: CHESTER Carry-On Hardside Luggage
“Lightweight and unbreakable luggage, water-resistant hardshell, TSA-approved design, well-organized compartments, 3 interior organizers, 4 silent and smooth wheels, and offering a 10-year limited warranty.”
- Best Stylish: DELSEY Paris Durable Stunning Hardside Luggage
“Lightweight and durable shell, made of 100% polycarbonate materials, stylish faux leather accents, 4 smooth spinner wheels, 3-dial TSA-approved combination lock, one-button locking handle system, attaching with tracking device, and provided with a 10-year limited warranty.”
- Best Zipper-less: TRAVELKING Water-Proof Hardside Luggage
“All aluminum durable construction, bright color, water-proof nylon-lined lining, zipper-less design for more security, dual TSA Approved combination lock, 4 dual-black rubberized spinner wheels, and 3-step telescoping handle.”
- Best Set: Rockland Lightweight Sturdy Hardside Luggage
“Made of lightweight and durable ABS materials, expandable ability, multi-directional double spinner wheels, and ergonomic chrome telescoping handle.”
- Best for Kids: American Touriste Dedicated Cute Hardside Luggage
“Suitable carry-on size luggage, adorable exterior design for kids, mesh divider, cross traps, smooth spinner wheels, bevels push button locking, and large packing compartment.”
- Best Smart: Wrangler Dedicated Carry-On Hardside Luggage
“Fully lined interior, extra packing capacity, double spinner wheels, patented 3-in-1 holder including USB charging port, and stylish design.”
- Best Impact-Resistant: Travelpro Long-Lasting Lightweight Hardside Luggage
“Stylish and luxury finish, durable and lightweight construction, made of 100% polycarbonate, provided excellent impact-absorbing flexibility, 360-degree rotating wheel spinners, low-profile top handle, and integrated TSA combination lock.”
My Reviews For The Best Hardside Luggage in 2021
After you’ve seen the big picture of the top 15 best hard side luggages, it’s time to get into the specifics and make your valuable decision now!
1. Best Overall: DELSEY Paris Expandable Hardside Luggage
The first great option is DELSEY Paris Expandable Hardside Luggage. It is made of lightweight and sturdy polycarbonate, which is highly resistant to cracking and splitting as well as the normal bumps and rigors of air travel.
Moreover, there are two wide, fully-lined compartments with numerous pockets for easier access and storage of all of your belongings. To keep your belongings secure from intruders when in transit, these Delsey cases have TSA-approved locks that only allow entry to TSA agents and will keep your belongings safe from intruders along the way.
Besides, the advanced handle mechanism has two locking positions to help you reach the most comfortable height for pulling, and the double spinner wheels provide seamless maneuverability no matter what the terrain is. Notably, Delsey cases stretches up to 2 inches for extra storage space, giving you still more precious space for your travel belongings.
- Double spinner wheels
- Deluxe interior with two full packing compartments
- Integrated 3-dial TSA Approved lock
- Equipped with a comfortable handle system
- Ergonomic lined divider and tie-down straps
- Fully-lined compartments with plenty of pockets
|Product dimensions||19 x 13 x 9.5 inches|
- Lightweight and durable
- Stylish finish
- Smooth and multi-directional moving
- Convenient and secure packing
- Easy to access the belongings without trouble
- Providing numerous color options
2. Best Budget: Samsonite Scratch-Resistant Hardside Luggage
At reasonable price, Samsonite Scratch-Resistant Hardside Luggage is also a ideal choice you should consider. This Samsonite suitcase has what you’d get from a Samsonite. It has spinner spokes, a telescopic handle, and an expandable carry-on spinner.
What’s more, the shape of the suitcase makes scratches and scuffs less noticeable than on a smooth wall. As a result, it’s ideal for checked baggage.
This hard side suitcase is the ideal size for a carry-on and an excellent choice for someone who flies regularly for brief periods of time. You could potentially put a week’s worth of clothes into the Centric Spinner, depending on your packing abilities.
Furthermore, it is lightweight and will not exceed any weight restrictions. The absolute zipper divider on the inside is a huge plus because it helps you to completely protect your belongings.
- 360-degree spinner wheel
- Expansion on all sizes
- Side-mounted TSA lock
- Fully-zip interior divider
- Providing 10 year limited warranty
|Product dimensions||14.75 x 9.5 x 19.6 inches|
|Materials||Polycarbonate and aluminum|
- Great performance of scratch-resistant exterior finish
- Thoughtful appearance and detailed design
- Easy accessibility
- Reasonable price
- Re-engineered ightweight and long-lasting material
- Effortless mobility
- This size is quite small for longer journey
- The scuff may scuff easily
3. Best Carry-On: Amazon Basics Spinner Hardside Luggage
If you are looking for a carry-on suitcase, let’s explore the Amazon Basics Spinner Hardside Luggage. This cabin-sized hardside spinner, part of the ever-popular Amazon Basics line, is ideal for frequent flyers, business travelers, and vacationers alike.
This incredibly affordable, stylish carry-on case is made of extra-thick ABS for increased strength and longevity. This hard shell suitcase has a lightweight design and light build, and it also has a scratch-resistant finish to make it look as good as new for several years to come.
On the inside, there’s a fully lined interior with a divider and an extremely robust 150D-polyester organizer with three zippered pockets to keep your smaller products secure in transit.
Besides, this suitcase glides smoothly in every direction thanks to its four double spinner wheels, and the telescopic handle tucks away into the body of the case while not in use. Much better, this little case has a convenient expandable body, which means you can squeeze an extra 20% room out of it when you need extra room for souvenirs on the way home.
- A scratch-resistant protective hard shell
- Durable zippers
- Fully lined divider with polyester organizer
- 15% expandable ability
- Ergonomic telescoping and short handle system
- 4 high-quality double spinner wheels
|Product dimensions||14.96 x 10.04 x 21.65 inches|
|Materials||ABS, 150D polyester|
|Colors||Black, Navy Blue, Blue, Orange|
- Maneuvering with ease in numerous direction
- Stable lifting and comfortable grab
- Reliable closure
- It’s simple and neat to organize the items
- Made of thick and long-lasting materials
- Suitable price
- Lightweight structure
- Limited color options
- It would be better with a lock
- The top handle might move
4. Best Checked: Samsonite Functional Hardside Luggage
Samsonite Functional Hardside Luggage might suit your need as a great checked luggage. It is made entirely of polycarbonate and are particularly resistant to knocks, bounces, wet weather, and other environmental impacts.
The suitcase has a lined divider and cross straps on the inside to keep your clothing wrinkle-free in transit, as well as extra pockets to keep your kit organized. It also has an advanced 3-digit TSA lock for your peace of mind, ensuring the protection of your belongings everywhere you go.
As a bonus, the luggage’s 360-degree easy-pivot rotating wheels allow transporting it a breeze, and the handles fold flat to minimize exterior dimensions. The textured shell brushed finish often aids in the concealment of bruises. Indeed, the premium spinner is one of the lightest checked luggage options available, making it ideal for travelers who like to have their belongings close at hand.
- Integrated three-digit TSA lock
- Easy-glide double spinner wheels
- Dedicated textured shell finish
- Flush mounted handles
- Made of high-tech materials
- A lined divider with cross straps
|Product dimensions||27.75 x 20 x 11 inches|
|Materials||100% Bayer Makrolon Polycarbonate|
|Colors||Metallic Silver, Indigo Blue|
- Effortless and multi-directional mobility
- Great performance of restraining the visibility of scratches
- High-impact resistant and stylish finish
- Keeping clothes or belongings neatly pressed on the go
- More secured protection
- Long-lasting life span
- Lightweight design
- It would be improved with more built-in pockets
5. Best with Various Color Options: American Tourister Stylish Hardside Luggage
The next contender is American Tourister Stylish Hardside Luggage, which provides multiple color and style options. Moreover, it is constructed of ABS materials, which is thinner than polycarbonate. However, since it is less sturdy than polycarbonate, this kind of luggage can last less time than other luggage alternatives.
The fact that this American Tourister suitcase can be expanded by 1.5 inches is a wonderful feature. This is a fantastic addition, particularly for those of you who return from trips with more belongings than you took with you. The case also has spinner spokes, an extendable wheel handle, and many carry handles.
Especially, tie-down belts and a small zippered pocket are included in the bottom drawer. The zipper can be used to seal the top compartment. The divider is often made of mesh cloth, which helps you to see your belongings even though the compartment is fully zippered.
- Wider and ergonomic push-button handle
- 1.5-inch expansion on all sizes
- 360-degree spinner wheels
- Book opening case
- A zipped modesty pocket
- 10-year limited warranty
|Product dimensions||11.8 x 17.5 x 27 inches|
- Ultra-lightweight construction
- Thoughtful and striking design
- Easy maneuverability
- Ideal checked bag for longer trips
- Offering numerous style design options
- The exterior might not deliver the good scratch-resistant function
6. Best with TSA-Approved Design: Samsonite TSA-Approved Hardside Luggage
Regrading expendable feature, you shouldn’t skip the Samsonite TSA-Approved Hardside Luggage. As you would imagine, this Samsonite luggage has a TSA-friendly combination latch and easy-to-roll double spinner wheels. It also has a retractable handle and two soft-touch carry grips.
Furthermore, it is made of polycarbonate and has an aluminum base, making it very impact resistant and long-lasting. The frame-lock pinner has the advantage of being a zipperless case with latch closure.
Additionally, the inside of the suitcase is fully packed with nylon. The bottom compartment has tie-down belts, and the top compartment has a divider panel with hooks that can be locked. In addition, there is a mesh pocket on the divider panel where you can store any smaller objects you need easy access to.
- TSA compatible combination lock
- Minimalist and scratch-resistant texture
- Lighter component
- Corrugated shells and handle tubes
- Dual 360-degree spinner wheels
|Product dimensions||11.4 x 17.3 x 24.5 inches|
|Colors||Dark Grey, Ice Blue, Cordovan|
- Elegant and functional design
- Offering more protection
- Lightweight and lasting structure
- Retrieving items fast and easily
- Smooth and multi-directional moving
- The privacy ID tag is attached
- The latch might loosen after several uses
- You might find it hard to open the lock at first
- It doesn’t expand
7. Best Durable: Samsonite Lightweight Hardside Luggage
Another such impressive luggage from Samsonite is Samsonite Lightweight Hardside Luggage.
Designed to withstand impact by flexing under pressure and then returning to its original form, removing dents and dings while shielding its contents. Thereby, it is highly lightweight and sturdy. Plus, this spinner is made of polycarbonate and has sharp molded details.
Moreover, a beautiful polished design conceals any possible bruises or scuffs from your travels. The interior is entirely lined and has cross-straps, a privacy net, and zippered organizational pockets.
Besides, the new, wider pull handle has an incredibly comfortable grip. A multi-stage aluminum pull handle is included for added lightness. When checking luggage, retracting the top and side carry-handles keeps them secure.
This Samsonite luggage also has a built-in combination lock and are ready to go no matter where you are. Indeed, a lock on the side ensures that your possessions arrive safely at their destination. There is no need for keys!
- High-grade 360-degree spinner wheels
- TSA compatible combination lock
- Wider push-button handle
- 10-year limited warranty
- Expansion on all sizes
|Product dimensions||12.75 x 20 x 31 inches|
- Lightweight and striking design
- Easy and smooth mobility
- Lasting durability
- It allows to access effortlessly, even at airport security
- Providing excellent impact-resistant function
- The back edge might be easily scratched
8. Best Lightweight: CHESTER Carry-On Hardside Luggage
Supposed that you’re seeking a lightweight suitcase, then the CHESTER Carry-On Hardside Luggage will be exactly what you need!
This lightweight yet sturdy cabin case weighs just 7 pounds and is ideal for short trips and frequent travelers. Indeed, if you want to keep your things close at hand, the Chester luggage is TSA and IATA cabin baggage acceptable.
In addition to that, Chester suitcase, which is available in both carry-on and checked luggage sizes, has a military-grade polycarbonate hard shell that is designed to cover your belongings anywhere you can take them.
It also includes quiet 360-degree spinner wheels that float smoothly over any terrain, as well as a 100 percent aluminum telescoping ergonomic handle that provides excellent control and maneuverability.
Moreover, the larger luggage also includes a recessed TSA-approved lock to help you get through TSA protection with ease. Notably, the case has two zippered compartments on the inside, a removable divider, and even a laundry bag to hold your dirty clothes in.
- Ultra-lightweight and solid construction
- TSA lock and IATA approved exterior
- 38-liter capacity
- 4 silent and multi-directional wheels
- Ergonomic telescoping handle with two lock positions
- A 10-year limited warranty
- Laundry bag included
|Product dimensions||13.5 x 8.5 x 21.5 inches|
- Portable size for travel at ease
- Roomy compartment for packing more essentials
- Built to last forever
- Easy grab handles
- Ultimate control and maneuverability
- Modern and stylish design
- The rugged texture might not suitable for some
- Some interior zipped pockets are quite small for packing items
9. Best Stylish: DELSEY Paris Durable Stunning Hardside Luggage
Let’s consider DELSEY Paris Durable Stunning Hardside Luggage as another stylish option now!
If you want to be fashionale, this is the luggage for you. It has a one-of-a-kind style with faux leather highlights that give it a luxury feel and appearance. This suitcase has a zipper closure and is constructed of 100 percent virgin polycarbonate for lightweight and long-lasting durability.
Furthermore, the hardside spinner luggage’s interior is where things get interesting. It is entirely lined and has two packing compartments. Tie-down straps and complete zippered dividers with pockets are included in both compartments. As a result, you could pack easily for a 2-week trip in this luggage and still have space for souvenirs.
It also has a special id code, so if you misplace it, Delsey will be able to reunite you with it. In addition, a hanger, two laundry bags, and shoe bags are included with the purchasing of this piece.
- Unique brake system
- Superior quality of double spinner wheels
- Deluxe interior with fully lined divider
- Recessed TSA lock
- One-button locking handle system
- Attaching with built-in tracking device
- Offering a 10-year limited warranty
|Product dimensions||27.5 x 12.5 x 20 inches|
|Colors||Champagne White, Chocolate Brown, Black|
- Unbeatable and lightweight design
- Thoughtful design with stylish color and cheek faux leather accents
- Control or roll the luggage without hassles
- Keeping items secured and winkle-free excellently
- Zero-weight handle for easy travel
- Simple to spot the luggage in case of getting lost
- It costs the earth
- The exterior finish may easily get dirty
10. Best Zipper-less: TRAVELKING Water-Proof Hardside Luggage
TRAVELKING Water-Proof Hardside Luggage is impressed with zipper-less design, making it a great choice in your top list.
In detail, the luggage features double spinner wheels, TSA-approved locks on both latches, and a telescoping handle. The handle can be locked in three different ways, making for a better match for everybody.
Besides, this hard side luggage is made of aluminum and has bumper corners made of magnesium alloy for increased impact resistance. On the inside, there are two divider panels: one attached to the tie-down straps and has many zippered pockets, and the other can be secured with hooks and has one wide meshed zip pocket.
- Water-repellent nylon-lined lining
- Zipper-less design
- Having compression straps
- Dual TSA approved combination lock
- 4 dual-blade rubberized spinner wheels
- 3-step telescoping handle
- All aluminum construction
- A free 3-year warranty
|Product dimensions||13.4 x 7.5 x 19.3 inches|
- Provide greatly protective and secured function
- Durable-enhanced structure
- Ample capacity up to 30 litters
- Bright color for easy to spot
- Quite and stool maneuverability
11. Briggs & Riley Durable 4-Wheel Hardside Luggage
It’s time to go into detail about Briggs & Riley Durable 4-Wheel Hardside Luggage! This chic and elegant hardside spinner case is the ideal combination of trendy good looks and well-constructed functionality.
With stylish good looks, a retractable handle, and sleek, and quiet double spinner wheels, these are on par with the competition, but what sets them apart is the special internal layout.
Moreover, the 80/20 lid opening allows you to easily pack this case on your luggage rack, and the top lid has pockets to help keep your things sorted. These cases often have built-in garment hanging loops for holding suits or other objects.
There is also a privacy pocket, a TSA-approved combination lock, and the proprietary Smartlink System, which allows you to carry two bags as one.
- Made of high-strength and lightweight 3-layer materials
- Simple and thoughtful single-strap buckle closure
- Crunch-Down garment panels
- Built-in TSA-friendly combination lock
- Smooth and heavy-duty YKK RC zippers
- Wide and multi-directional double spinner wheels
|Brand||Briggs & Riley|
|Product dimensions||20.39 x 12.91 x 29.02 inches|
|Materials||100% virgin Makrolon polycarbonate|
- Resilient exterior
- Optimal organization
- Self repairing zipper
- More secured and durable hardware
- Maximum stability
- Adding USB charging port
- The foam padded around the handle might be a waste of space
- The exterior can be scratched easily
12. Best Set: Rockland Lightweight Sturdy Hardside Luggage
For a luggage set, there won’t be other excellent selection than Rockland Lightweight Sturdy Hardside Luggage. First and foremost, it comes in varying colors, ranging from muted to outlandish. So there’s bound to be something to your liking in there.
Second, it is constructed of highly durable and light ABS, which is the material of choice for low-cost suitcases because it simply works. Surprisingly, this Rockland hard shell luggage also has dual spinner wheels, which are usually reserved for higher-end brands. So you get a carry-on spinner as well as a check in.
Then let’s not forget about the inside of these cases. In both parts of the clamshell pattern, they are entirely lined. In the open line, you have the usual elastic straps. And a completely zippered top side to hold everything in place. There is also a zippered side pocket for small objects.
There are enough handles on the exterior to hold everyone comfortable, take care of the top, side, and telescopic handles. It even has bumpers to cover it when you sit it on its side to sign in and weigh.
And one of these versions is also an expandable spinner, so if you’re like me and overspend at your destination, you’ll be able to shut your case when it’s time to return home!
- Extra 2-inch expandable design
- Ergonomic telescoping handle
- 360-degree double spinner wheels
|Product dimensions||32 x 21 x 13 inches|
|Size||20 inches, 28 inches|
- Built in lightweight and durable materials
- Easy maneuverability
- Maximizing packing capacity
- Reasonable price
- Having compression straps to keep things in place
- It’s straightforward to identify
- The handle feel a bit flimsy
- The corners of the luggage can be easily scratched
13. Best for Kids: American Touriste Dedicated Cute Hardside Luggage
American Touriste Dedicated Cute Hardside Luggage is perfectly suitable for your adorable kids when traveling. This case is ideal for boys and girls on the go, since it is detailed with bright Disney graphics.
What’s more, the sleek build includes single spinner wheels, a mono tube pull handle, and a top grab handle for fast lifting. The interior is completely lined and comprehensive, with crisscross tie-down straps to keep clothing in place and a zip-around divider that separates two packing compartments.
Additionally, cross straps are used to protect the contents of your luggage to avoid moving, which can cause harm. They also help keep your luggage secured. As an added advantage, it has four multi-directional spinner wheels for easier stability and rolls upright so there is no strain on your kid’s arm or shoulder.
- Fully-lined interior
- Detailed crisscross tie-down straps
- Well-Organized and roomy compartment
- Smooth-rolling single spinner wheels
- Ergonomic beveled push button locking
- Coming with 10-year warranty
|Product dimensions||9 x 13.8 x 22.5 inches|
- Sleek and adorable design for kids
- The size meet mostly carry-on size restriction
- Keeping the contents inside with security and well organization
- Easy mobility and free-weight grab
- The size is quite big for some little kids to handle
- The exterior should be thicker for being impact-resistant well
14. Best Smart: Wrangler Dedicated Carry-On Hardside Luggage
You should take glimpse at Wrangler Dedicated Carry-On Hardside Luggage because of its smart design.
The 3-in-1 port holder makes this luggage stand out from other models. In detail, the cup or phone holder along with USB charging port are equipped thoughtfully in the back of the suitcase. Thereby, your traveling experience will be certainly more comfortable and convenient.
Along with stunning appearance, it has 360-degree double spinner for effortless mobility. The interior organization is also well-designed with fully-lined divide and compression traps for securing items.
Besides, the luggage has the expendable ability for extra packing capacity. Plus, the high-grade handle on top and side as well as push-button recessed lock allow you to grab or control the luggage with zero weight.
- Push-button recessed locking handle system
- Comfortable top and side handles
- Upright explainable capacity
- Patented 3-in-1 port holder
- 360-degree upright movable double spinners
- Full-lined interior with accessory pockets
- Featuring compression band
|Product dimensions||14.5 x 11 x 20 inches|
|Colors||Navy blue, Olive green, Burnt orange, Black|
- Secure items in one place better
- Smart design for optimal convenience when traveling
- Added packing capacity
- Simple to grab and control the luggage
- Stylish look
- Limited color options
15. Best Impact-Resistant: Travelpro Long-Lasting Lightweight Hardside Luggage
In terms of impact-resistant performance, it is vital to consider Travelpro Long-Lasting Lightweight Hardside Luggage. Specifically, it has a lightweight, 100 percent polycarbonate shell for scratch protection, an aluminium handle, four spinner wheels, and low grab handles for extreme toughness.
Furthermore, the precision glide system provides easy versatility in the airport. To keep your belongings secure, the hardshell luggage bag includes a TSA-compliant lock. It comes in six fashionable shades, including azure blue, dusty rose, and imperial purple.
Notably, fit all of your belongings in the spacious interior, which includes a divider pocket and elastic hold-down straps to keep it in place when you’re on the road.
- Built-in TSA lock
- 2-inch tapered expansion
- Smooth and multi-directional spinner wheels
- Impact-resistant hardshell protection
- Rubberized contour grip
- Ergonomic high-tensile zipper pulls
- Azier bin tested
|Product dimensions||11.5 x 17.25 x 27 inches|
- Strong endurance
- Striking and sleek design
- It’s easy to access
- Silent and easy-to-control for moving
- Packing more items
- The logo might be worn off easily
Crucial Factors To Consider Before Purchasing The Best Hard Side Luggage
When it comes to purchasing the best hard side luggage, there are some important things to consider below, otherwise you might go with wrong answer.
Most luggage manufactures can sell a variety of sizes in each of their product lines. Small cases are typically designed for people who simply wish to bring carry-on baggage and do not want to search their luggage upon arrival.
You shouldn’t presume that any “cabin-sized” hardside suitcase will immediately be accepted in the overhead bins. Always check the size limits of the airline you are flying with.
Besides, medium cases can be 25-27 inches long, and wide cases can be up to 32 inches long. Although there are no size limits on checked cases, there are restrictions on the weight of the case and the number of cases you can bring with you. If the cases are too hard, you will be charged extra.
Another factor to keep in mind for hardside luggage is that the interior dimensions can be significantly narrower than those used in soft shell and cases. When fully packed, softside cases will also stretch slightly, helping you to fit in the occasional extra object here and there.
It is a common belief that all hardside suitcases are far heavier than comparable soft-sided suitcases of the same size. The reality is that the weight of the two is normally just a very slight disparity. Hardside specimens are typically 2-5 pounds heavier than soft-sided equivalents.
It should also be remembered that the most recent generations of hardside cases are exceptionally lightweight while being extremely sturdy. ABS materials are inherently thinner than polycarbonate materials, although the disparity is negligible, and the latter is more durable.
Number Of Wheels
Carrying the case seems unfathomable these days, with spinning wheels available on virtually all modern-day suitcases. The 2-wheeled cases can be quickly towed behind you by softly tipping the case towards you as you roll. These are simple to use and quick to manipulate.
A 4-wheeled rotating example, on the other hand, provides the supreme experience of smooth rolling capabilities. You should keep the case on your side while you walk across the concourse. If necessary, you can also drive one case while pulling another, and 4-wheeled spinning wheels are much easier to navigate in small spaces and busy airports.
Material And Durability
Materials are the vital element that you should consider carefully as it will contribute to the durability and entire quality of the luggage as well. Below are three dominant materials used for making the top-grade hard side luggage.
- Aluminum: It is the heaviest of all hard cases, as well as the toughest and most expensive. These cases seem spectacular, but they are quickly scratched and do not often stand up to the rigors of air travel.
- ABS: These ABS suitcase are resistant to heat and impact and have a stylish, high gloss finish since they are constructed from a combination of three plastics. ABS cases are less expensive than most materials, but they are not as solid as polycarbonate or aluminum cases and can be purchased only if you are on a tight budget.
- Polycarbonate: With high impact strength and outstanding toughness, polycarbonate cases come in a variety of colors and designs, all of which have excellent protection from bumps, dings, humidity, and moisture. Polycarbonate cases are almost unbreakable as one of the most durable goods on the market.
Since you will be pulling your suitcase with you, the handle must be sturdy enough to survive several journeys and adventures. When you’ve done dragging or moving your suitcase, the handle should be able to slot away easily.
Your suitcase’s zipper should be well-engineered and designed to last over many uses. It should also be sturdy enough to survive any effort to be slashed or opened by would-be robbers in transit, and it should be set back into the body of the suitcase when locked.
Some of the more recent generations of hardside cases don’t even have zippers, instead they close securely by clipping down and using a lock.
Locks, speaking of which, are a must-have on any luggage, and the lock you choose must be TSA-approved. These types of locks enable transport authority agents to inspect the contents of your case but also shield your belongings from theft or injury.
TSA locks have a keyhole at the bottom that allows agents to open the suitcase using a special TSA key. While these locks can be purchased for use on any kind of case, certain hardside cases already have them built in.
Not all suitcase is suitable for all. If you do not fly much, so there is no need for you to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars in a suitcase.
There is still a low-budget section, an average-priced section, and a separate section for luxury lovers. Both of them are among the best hardside luggage in our opinion, but there are still price differences.
On the other hand, if budget is not your big concern, you can spend the majority of their time flying, and so durable, luxurious luggage is a must-have for you.
How To Clean The Best Hard Side Luggage?
Buying the best hard side luggage is a valuable investment, so maintaining it is also a big concern from various user. Don’t worry, I would love sharing with you some simple steps for cleaning these luggage effortlessly below.
Step 1: Removable Parts Should Be Soaked and Cleaned
Begin by looking for some removable pieces, such as liners and other compartments, in your suitcase. If there are any, extract them and wash them in your washing machine on a delicate setting or soak them in a combination of warm water and soft dish soap.
When these pieces are being removed, vacuum out the luggage with any residue with a handheld vacuum or a regular vacuum with a hose attachment.
Step 2: Wipe Off The Hard Shell Exterior
You should use the same soap and warm water paste that you used on the removable lining to clean the exterior of your hard-sided suitcase. Scrub the surface of the suitcase well with a sponge or a washcloth, brushing in circular movements with the best effect.
Just be careful not to use an abrasive sponge or towel, since these will scratch your luggage. Don’t forget to clean the handles, suitcase wheels, and other accessories.
When you’re done, wipe down the outside of your suitcase with a dry microfiber rag.
Step 3: Removing Marks And Scuffs
Scuffs and bruises on heavy luggage may be removed with cleaning erasers, gentle abrasives, or even toothpaste. Often inspect a small area first to ensure that the cleaner is safe to use on the floor. To clear any remaining stain, re-wipe the surface with a damp rag.
Step 4: Keep It In A Safe Place
Luggage can be stored in a wardrobe, attic, or under the bunk. Cover it loosely anywhere you store it to keep dust at bay. Enable it to breathe by leaving a few zippers open.
Put a dryer towel, a bar of soap, or a bag of cedar chips in your luggage to keep it smelling good until the next time you take it out.
The natural smell of cedar also deters insects. To trap odors and moisture, use charcoal pouches, newspaper, or sterile kitty litter if you have no smell.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are few often asked questions about hard side luggage. Before making your final decision, you take a quick look at this part for more additional facts.
What is the best hardside luggage material?
Hardside luggage is usually made of aluminum, polycarbonate, or ABS. Aluminium cases are the most durable, but still the most costly, on the market. ABS cases are typically the least expensive, but they lack the longevity of the other materials. Polycarbonate is a good compromise, with a near-premium price tag but the longevity and design attributes that make travel easier.
Is hardside luggage preferable?
There are advantages and disadvantages of using hardside luggage. The disadvantage of hardside luggage is that it is normally more costly than softside luggage, and since the sides are hard, there is no give in them (which can be difficult for those prone to overpacking).
The popularity of hardside luggage can be attributed to its durability and stability. Hardside luggage can shield the contents from the bumps and rigors of flight, and cutting into a hardside case is much more complex than cutting into a softside case.
Is it possible for hardside luggage to crack?
Hardside luggage is made of high-impact resistance plastic which should be ready to take a beating. Cases made of ABS, on the other hand, lack the toughness of other materials, and many of these less expensive cases snap. Often use a polycarbonate case if your budget allows.
Which brand is superior, Samsonite or American Tourister?
American Tourister makes really stylish and affordable luggage, but this comes at the expense of your luggage being made of ABS. Samsonite, although marginally more costly, has been producing high-quality polycarbonate cases for a long time. Samsonite suitcases are the better buy if you can extend your spending.
How will hardside baggage be safeguarded?
During flight, a few scuff marks are unavoidable. However, by taking a few steps, you can reduce the amount of injury. First, choose a bag made of a long-lasting fiber, such as polycarbonate. Second, you could invest in a bag protector. Alternatively, you might seal your bag in plastic.
My Top Pick
DELSEY Paris Expandable Hardside Luggage is my top pick due to the functional design. The cover is well-built in premium materials for ultra durability. Also, the interior compartment is fully lined divider with multiple pockets for packing the contents without hassles. Notably, the TSA-approved lock deliver more convenient and protection when traveling.
How about you? What is your final option? Hopefully you find several useful things from my review! If you want to discuss with me about these kind of luggage, feel free to share it with me in the comment below!