Are you seeking the best kids’ luggage and confused among numerous models on the market? You might wonder a lot about several factors to consider, like the number of pieces, design, size, and so forth. Understanding your consideration, my top 15 best kid’s luggage reviews below should give you a satisfying answer.
- Why Should Children Have Their Own Kids Luggage?
- Types Of Best Kids Luggage
- Which Brands Of Kids Luggages Are The Best?
- Best Kids Luggage – Comparison Chart 2021
- Which Are The Best Kids Luggage To Buy?
- Top 15 Best Kids Luggage Reviews 2021
- 1. Best Overall: American Tourister Hardside Upright Kids Luggage
- 2. Best Budget: CAMTOP Water-Resistant Kids Luggage
- 3. Best Carry-on: Goplus Comfortable Carry-On Kids Luggage
- 4. Best Rolling: GURHODVO Ergonomic Rolling Kids Luggage
- 5. Best Backpack: Vaschy Cute Lightweight Kids Luggage
- 6. Best Ride-On: Trunki Original Carry-On Kids Luggage
- 7. Best for Boys: Lttxin Kids Rolling Hard Shell Kids Luggage
- 8. Best for Girls: Debbieicy Cute Ballet Kids Luggage
- 9. Best Scooter: Kiddietotes Lightweight Carry-On Kids Luggage
- 10. Best for Travel: Aerolite Trolley Cabin Kids Luggage
- 11. Best Set: Sandinrayli 2-Piece Rolling Kids Luggage
- 12. Best Hard-side: Rockland Carry-On Kids Luggage
- 13. Best Soft-side: American Tourister Upright Kids Luggage
- 14. Best for Toddlers: iPlay, iLearn Unicorn Kids Luggage
- 15. Stephen Joseph Classic Rolling Kids Luggage
- Some Fundamental To Consider Before Buying The Best Kids Luggage
- Frequently Asked Questions
- My Top Pick
Why Should Children Have Their Own Kids Luggage?
Let the children have their best kid’s luggage will have several advantages that you should look at below!
Organizing Belongings Better
If you are going on a trip with your kids, the additional kid’s luggage enables you to store items separately, especially when you have so many essentials to bring along. Moreover, you or your adorable children can easily and quickly access the clothes or other items, instating of using only a larger size of luggage.
Besides, the kids will generally prefer to bring their toys or favorite things with them when traveling. Therefore, getting the most kids’ luggage will be a great option to pack all their favorite things. As a bonus, it is straightforward for the kids to reach these toys within their reach.
Teaching The Sense Of Responsibility
Kids have the significant ability to observe and learn fast, and thereby the way you give them their suitcase will cultivate their curiosity in terms of packing progress. They can learn how to manage and pack essential things for their trips. Notability, the kids can understand the vital requirement of protecting their favorite things from being lost. On the other hand, it is great to develop their ownership and ability to react to independence.
Besides, getting the kids engagement in packing their essentials will motivate them to be more excited about the next travel. Even better, they can learn about managing and protecting their items naturally.
Types Of Best Kids Luggage
There are four main types of best kids luggage that I have mentioned below. It is advisable to consider optimizing your process of researching.
It is a built-in hardshell exterior for the sturdy structure to let the kids sit on, and the items inside won’t get damaged. With this design, the kids can scoot along with their legs for fun as well.
Further, it is secured with a clasp, and others have to pull straps to be removed while not in use. The only disadvantage of ride-on luggage for toddlers is that it is a bulky design for carrying on the go.
Unlike other kid’s luggage, it has a special design with the suitcase attached in front of the handlebars, enabling the kids to move around like using a scooter around the sidewalk or the airport terminal with less effort. Especially, the base is often designed ergonomically to fold up for simple storage.
Rolling luggage, often known as trolley luggage, will feature wheels and a telescoping handle for smooth and easy moving. It might be a spinner one with two wheels or the roller luggage with four multi-directional wheels. This kind of kids luggage might come in multiple sizes for wide range age of children.
It is the standard backpack with a well-organized system for kids to use as a carry-on bag or multiple uses as a school backpack. Traveling backpack certainly will provide more special compartments like side water pockets and more.
Unlike backpack wearing after the back, the duffel bag will carry on over the shoulders. It often comes in larger storing space and top closure.
Which Brands Of Kids Luggages Are The Best?
Below are some top-notch brands you can consider to choose the best kids luggage.
Founded 75 years ago, American Tourister is another great brand for affordable, durable, and fun luggage. Its products are unmistakable thanks to the colorful and fun design. Additionally, by offering a wide selection of stylish and valuable travel products, American Tourister has been the smart choice for many customers worldwide.
It is one of the famous brands providing high-quality kids’ luggage based on careful and thoughtful research. GURHODVO not only provides a solid case but upgrades the travel gears with the fashionable and smart style that meet the child’s personality. Its products are trusted for fun design, educational values, and comfortable traveling.
Understanding the kid’s obstacles when packing their belongings provides a line of kids’ luggage with unique and colorful designs. There are wide ranges of kids’ luggage like backpacks or suitcases with premium quality to satisfy almost all the kids.
Best Kids Luggage – Comparison Chart 2021
This comparison chart differentiates the top 15 best kids’ luggage according to their crucial elements. Following this chart, it might help you a lot to choose the ideal one.
|Product Name||Product Dimensions||Weight||Materials||Types|
|American Tourister Hardside Upright Kids Luggage - Best Overall||8 x 13 x 18 inches||4.5 pounds||Fabric, ABS materials||Rolling luggage|
|CAMTOP Water-Resistant Kids Luggage - Best Budget||10.2 x 4.5 x 15.7 inches||0.6 pounds||Polyester, cotton||Traveling backpack|
|Goplus Comfortable Carry-On Kids Luggage - Best Carry-on||Not specified||Not specified||Polycarbonate, ABS, nylon||Rolling luggage|
|GURHODVO Ergonomic Rolling Kids Luggage - Best Rolling||19.5 x 14.7 x 10 inches||6.74 pounds||ABS+PC materials||Rolling luggage|
|Vaschy Cute Lightweight Kids Luggage - Best Backpack||19.5 x 14.7 x 10 inches||0.77 pounds||Polyester||Traveling backpack|
|Trunki Original Carry-On Kids Luggage - Best Ride-On||18.7 x 12.7 x 9 inches||2.85 pounds||Rubber||Ride-on luggage|
|Lttxin Kids Rolling Hard Shell Kids Luggage - Best for Boys||18.27 x 13.23 x 8.58 inches||4.4 pounds||ABS+PC materials||Rolling luggage|
|Debbieicy Cute Ballet Kids Luggage - Best for Girls||9.6 x 6.7 x 13.4 inches||0.6 pounds||Nylon, polyester, metal||Duffle bag|
|Kiddietotes Lightweight Carry-On Kids Luggage - Best Scooter||11 x 12 x 20 inches||7.7 pounds||Not specified||Scooter luggage|
|Aerolite Trolley Cabin Kids Luggage - Best for Travel||17.71 x 13.77 x 7.87 inches||3.086 pounds||Not specified||Rolling luggage|
|Sandinrayli 2-Piece Rolling Kids Luggage - Best Set||12 x 8.5 x 18 inches||5.9 pounds||ABS materials||Rolling luggage|
|Rockland Carry-On Kids Luggage - Best Hard-side||16.5 x 15.6 x 11.8 inches||5.14 pounds||Polycarbonate, rubber||Rolling luggage|
|American Tourister Upright Kids Luggage - Best Soft-side||7 x 12 x 18 inches||3.85 pounds||Plastic||Rolling luggage|
|iPlay, iLearn Unicorn Kids Luggage - Best for Toddlers||11 x 8 x 18 inches||7.3 pounds||ABS plastic||Rolling luggage|
|Stephen Joseph Classic Rolling Kids Luggage||14.5 x 6.5 x 18 inches||2.2 pounds||Polyester||Rolling luggage|
Which Are The Best Kids Luggage To Buy?
You may find the best kids’ luggage from these well-known brands such as America Tourister, GURHODVO, or Kiddietotes. Otherwise, if you are concerned about your budget, you might choose the kid’s luggage from CAMP TOP.
Furthermore, if you don’t have much time to research, below are some best kids’ luggage with a short description as reference.
- Best Overall: American Tourister Hardside Upright Kids Luggage
“Carry-on size restriction, made of flexible fabric, secured cross straps, easy mobility, well-organized system, great dual tube pull handle, and 10-year limited warranty.”
- Best Budget: CAMTOP Water-Resistant Kids Luggage
“Having roomy main compartment, water-resistant finish, lightweight, eye-catchy design, durable zippers, featuring secured chest straps, and better reinforcement.”
- Best Carry-on: Goplus Comfortable Carry-On Kids Luggage
“Great set of 2-piece luggage, made from durable material, attractive and comfortable design, large capacity, smooth rolling wheels, and lightweight.”
- Best Rolling: GURHODVO Ergonomic Rolling Kids Luggage
“Made of extra-thick material, impact-resistant hardshell, lightweight carry-on luggage, ergonomic design, multi-directional spinner wheels, and modern look.”
- Best Backpack: Vaschy Cute Lightweight Kids Luggage
“Unique design, easy to access and organize, ample capacity, multiple pockets, lightweight construction, and easy to clean.”
- Best Ride-On: Trunki Original Carry-On Kids Luggage
“Versatile straps, impressive design, catchy design, durability, easy-to-carry, and offering 5-year warranty.”
- Best for Boys: Lttxin Kids Rolling Hard Shell Kids Luggage
“Ergonomic and safe design, adjustable telescoping handle, made from premium ABS+PC materials, lightweight construction, ant-scratched surface, silent and smooth wheels, and ideal for boys.”
- Best for Girls: Debbieicy Cute Ballet Kids Luggage
“Cute and premium design, adjustable belt buckle, coming with a ballet keychain, ultra-lightweight, simple to clean, and waterproof function.”
- Best for Travel: Aerolite Trolley Cabin Kids Luggage
“Versatile suitcase, stylish look, ideal size for traveling, a lightweight trolley bag, adjustable straps, and featuring multiple pockets.”
- Best Hard-side: Rockland Carry-On Kids Luggage
“Cute and delicate design, ultra-lightweight to use, having premium hard side shell, adjustable height of handles, 360-degree wheels, fully rubber zipper, and ideal size for little kids.”
- Best Set: Sandinrayli 2-Piece Rolling Kids Luggage
“Ideal set with 2 pieces of kids luggage, spacious storage space, kids-friendly design, made from durable ABS material, and flexible spinner wheels.”
- Best Scooter: Kiddietotes Lightweight Carry-On Kids Luggage
“Great scooter luggage, having LED light up, durable and safe construction, sturdy and adjustable handles, steer and fold or lock effortlessly, TSA-approved, and 1-year warranty.”
- Best Soft-side: American Tourister Upright Kids Luggage
“Meeting carry-on size restrictions, roomy mesh pockets, great organization, easy to pull the handles, and smooth rolling in line skate wheels.”
- Best for Toddlers: iPlay, iLearn Unicorn Kids Luggage
“Adorable design, 4 multi-directional wheels, extendable telescoping handles, compact design, and easy-to-use.”
Top 15 Best Kids Luggage Reviews 2021
After having the big picture of the top 15 best kids’ luggage, it’s time to go into details and solidify your decision now!
1. Best Overall: American Tourister Hardside Upright Kids Luggage
American Tourister Hardside Upright Kids Luggage will let your children self-support with their suitcases on every trip.
This grip is currently the best on the market and is loved by toddlers thanks to its firm construction and eye-catching design suitable for their age. Bright colors combined with Mickey Mouse image, which comes from a famous cartoon and is very familiar to them, will improve their excitement.
Luggage is divided into two compartments. The zip one protects children’s belongings better and keeps them separate, while the other has a cross strap to prevent clutter. There is enough space for a 5 to 7 days trip depending on the children’s age. Besides, the entire inside is also carefully linked.
With two wheels and a soundbar, the suitcase moves comfortably and avoids falling forward when standing still. The multi-stage aluminum pull handle offers extra lightness that kids need one hand to pull the bag. Besides, the wider pull handle brings a more secure grip.
The case is made of ABS material, so it is highly durable. The zippers run smoothly for kids to open and close with ease. Moreover, each zipper also has a hole for you to insert the lock through to keep everything inside safe. Plus, this luggage has a 10-year warranty that is a big bonus.
- Meeting carry-on size restrictions
- Side-mounted skate spinner wheels
- Wider push-button handle and a comfortable top handle
- Great crisscross tie-down straps
|Product dimensions||8 x 13 x 18 inches|
|Materials||Fabric, ABS materials|
|Service||Ten years limited warranty|
- The luggage is lightweight for kids
- Cute suitcase
- The zip pocket is a plus
- Smooth to pull
- The flat surface allows you to clean stains effortlessly
- Its size is a bit small
- Plastic shell may get scratched easily
2. Best Budget: CAMTOP Water-Resistant Kids Luggage
CAMP Water-Resistant Kids Luggage is a perfect choice if the price is something you are interested in. This bag offers a pretty cool price; however, its quality still satisfies you.
Many interior and exterior compartments allow children to organize their contents in an orderly manner, such as rooms for notebooks, study tools, laptops or iPad, and other accessories.
This item comes with cute colorful dinosaur patterns, which will catch up all children’s attention at first sight. It is suitable for both girls’ and boys’ usage. The padded strap prevents kids from experiencing shoulder pain when wearing, while an adjustment feature is to adjust to their height. The back is air mesh to help children not feel warm when worn for a long time.
The backpack is made from water-resistant polyester and is lined with cotton, which brings a soft finish. Moreover, the material has also been tested for toddlers’ health safety. Plus, kids can use this bag for traveling, camping, and kindergarten.
- Made from sturdy materials and durable zippers
- Water-resistant and easy-to-clean exterior surface
- Lightweight and sleek design
- Delicate reinforcement in details
- Featuring chest straps
|Product dimensions||10.2 x 4.5 x 15.7 inches|
|Service||1-year limited warranty|
- Offering lifetime warranty
- Cute dinosaur patterns
- Several pockets for storage
- Great size for a kindergarten student
- Padded strap brings comfortable feeling on shoulders when carrying
- The silky texture makes it seem less durable
- The bag is not suitable for cleaning in the washing machine
3. Best Carry-on: Goplus Comfortable Carry-On Kids Luggage
If you are looking for a good carry-on suitcase for your kids, you should not miss the Goplus Comfortable Carry-On Kids Luggage.
This item has a nice size that fits well with any luggage bins on the plane. 360 spinner wheels offer multi-direction rolling that allows kids to pull without needing any help from adults. Besides, it has both a retractable handle and a carry-on handle, which is convenient to hold.
The baggage has a large capacity with lots of divided pockets for kids to independently manage and organize their belongings. However, it’s still pretty light so that children can carry their backpacks and pull the suitcase simultaneously. Even for a short trip, just a briefcase is enough to hold all items.
Cute children’s age-friendly motifs help children get excited and become more active in arranging items of clothing. Polycarbonate, ABS, and nylon are the main materials of this product, ensuring high durability. Plus, the water resistance is great to keep all stuff from getting wet.
- Cute and catchy design
- Made from long-lasting materials
- Ample capacity with lightweight construction
- Multi-directional wheels
- Great waterproof and wear-resistant hard-side
|Product dimensions||Not specified|
|Materials||Polycarbonate, ABS, nylon|
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- Easy for kids to use
- It could be an ideal gift option
- Roomy set for kids’ vacation
- The shell may easily wear out
- The wheels might not be too smooth for turning
4. Best Rolling: GURHODVO Ergonomic Rolling Kids Luggage
GURHODVO ErgonomicRolling Kids Luggage will give children the best experience of dragging. Multi-directional spinner wheels give smooth rolling on all terrain. Also, the adjustable aluminum handle is many times sturdier than conventional types.
The suitcase is made from ABS plastic and PC, creating a sturdy and durable shell and completely non-toxic. Besides, it is scratch-resistant to ensure the perfect surface when purchased. Moreover, children can decorate the cover with adorable stickers.
Square shape design upgrades kids’ appearance, which makes them look so cool. Furthermore, such an arrangement also creates a large compartment. Plus, there are separate pockets and X belts, which prevent items from getting messy. Notably, a built-in code lock helps keep all stuff safe.
- Made of extra-thick and non-toxic materials
- A lightweight carry-on luggage
- Smooth spinner wheels
- Attractive and educational significance design
|Product dimensions||19.5 x 14.7 x 10 inches|
|Service||Offering 100% risk-free satisfaction guarantee|
- Extremely roomy inside
- Lots of pockets for organizing
- The shell is waterproof
- Built to last construction
- It fits both overhead and under-seat cabin perfectly
- Built-in TSA lock is a bit confuse for toddlers to use
- The width is a bit wide, so when pulled in narrow places, it will be entangled
5. Best Backpack: Vaschy Cute Lightweight Kids Luggage
It would help if you didn’t ignore Vaschy Cute Lightweight Kids Luggage for the best backpack options because it is designed for children. Large capacity enough for all the essentials items for school. Also, the bag uses polyester material that is not only durable but also waterproof and lightweight.
There are several sections in the main compartment which are used for different storage purposes. The bag also has an external pocket for accessories or sturdy tools, while the side pockets are large enough for water or milk bottles. SBS zippers offer soft opening and closing.
The backpack is designed to stimulate the children’s curiosity to explore, thanks to lots of different patterns and colors. The adjustable straps have pads to stabilize the load without hurting the shoulder or harming the bone. Besides, it also has a name tag inside, which is great for kids to note their names to avoid confusion with their friends.
- A smart and stylish backpack
- Ideally organizational system
- Large capacity
- Smooth SBS zippers
- Made from premium water-resistant polyester
- Ergonomic and adjustable shoulder straps
|Product dimensions||19.5 x 14.7 x 10 inches|
- An extra-long puller is a bonus
- Variety of little cosmic decoration details
- The side pocket is great for a water bottle
- Pretty durable
- The bag is a little pricey
- It has a fabric smell when opening at first
Let’s check out this video to find out more information about this product!
6. Best Ride-On: Trunki Original Carry-On Kids Luggage
Trunki Original Carry-On Kids Luggage will surprise your kids with this ride-on luggage because of its remarkable features.
It’s not just for storage, but your kids can even sit on and ride it. Therefore they will no longer feel tired while walking and carrying suitcases on their vacation. Moreover, this item can be used as a toy for them to play at home.
The baggage has an adorable design that is inspired by the colors of the animals. Children can steer the Trunki thanks to two horn grips. Besides, the soft saddle allows toddlers to sit comfortably. The compartment isn’t too large, but it’s enough for little size belongings. Moreover, there is a pocket inside, which is great for holding special items.
Thick, sturdy plastic ensures firm construction for kids to sit on safely. Also, the four rotating wheels provide better stability to reduce the risk of falling. Plus, an included strap helps parents pull their tired tots or use it as a shoulder strap to carry-on.
- Muti-functional straps
- Pattens secure with a lock
- Having easy-to-grab carry handles
- Compatible with numerous carrying purposes
- Providing 5-year warranty
|Product dimensions||18.7 x 12.7 x 9 inches|
|Service||5-year limited warranty|
- Unique design
- The baggage is useful to keep children occupied during a layover on an international flight
- Versatile usage
- Easy to carry and pull
- There’s nowhere to put kids’ feet
- The storage space is limited
- It’s a bit hard for kids to open the suitcase by themselves
Don’t forget to watch this youtube video to stay updated with this great kids’ luggage!
7. Best for Boys: Lttxin Kids Rolling Hard Shell Kids Luggage
If you’re looking for a luggage gift for your little boys, there is nothing better than Lttxin Kids Rolling Hard Shell Kids Luggage. Its shell is decorated with vehicle patterns among the boys’ favorite toys to stimulate their curiosity to explore what kinds of those. This is the ideal bag for every trip or even school.
The suitcase is made from non-toxic material that ensures children’s health. Besides, the combination of ABS plastic and PC also increases the rigidity and durability of the product. This luggage has a very spacious compartment with a separate lockable compartment, while the other has an X belt to keep items from clutter.
Three hundred sixty spinning wheels are carefully tested by the manufacturer that provides a smooth and gentle gliding experience on surfaces. Plus, the ergonomic handle is not rickety for a firm grip. Notably, a 3-digit lock offers safety for your kids’ belongings that also teaches children the habit of locking important items to avoid being stolen while traveling.
- Safe and ergonomic design with great coded lock
- Adjustable and sturdy telescoping handle
- A durable and impact-resistant luggage
- Built-in lightweight construction
- High quality of spinner wheels
|Product dimensions||18.27 x 13.23 x 8.58 inches|
- Safety material
- Multi-direction movement
- Long telescoping handle
- Very sturdy that kids can sit on it
- Spacious compartment
- The lock may be jammed up sometimes
- The outer shell might get scratched and discolored
8. Best for Girls: Debbieicy Cute Ballet Kids Luggage
While a sturdy suitcase would suit boys, a soft bag with a feminine design would be the perfect choice for girls. Therefore, Debbieicy Cute Ballet Kids Luggage appeared for girls only.
Pink is the main color that will make your children stand out from the crowd and attract all eyes. Besides, its design is inspired by dresses that make your princesses more adorable when wearing.
The bag isn’t extremely large, so it just fits the necessary items for ballet lessons. It is made of nylon and lined with polyester fabric which is lightweight for kids to carry comfortably. Moreover, this item is also waterproof that offers cleaning with ease.
You can adjust the strap to fit your children’s height. Also, it is detachable, so you can take it off and put it away when not in use. Plus, the carry handle is sewn firmly. When buying this bag, you will be given a Ballet keychain as a gift that is so lovely.
- Eye-catchy and delicate design
- Made from superior quality nylon and polyester fabric
- Adjustable belt buckle
- Comfortable carrying with S-shaped strap
- Breathable, waterproof, and lightweight bag
|Product dimensions||9.6 x 6.7 x 13.4 inches|
|Materials||Nylon, polyester, metal|
|Service||Attaching with a ballet keychain|
- Outstanding color design
- The accessories are included that is a bonus
- An ideal gift for little girls, especially the kids who play ballet
- The name note is great for kids to identify their luggage
- The necklace that comes with the bag looks a little cheap
- The baggage may not hold lots of stuff
- It smelled a little like chemicals
9. Best Scooter: Kiddietotes Lightweight Carry-On Kids Luggage
Kiddietotes Lightweight Carry-On Kids Luggage isn’t an ordinary suitcase that can be used as a scooter for keeping them busy when waiting for the flight or playing at home and park.
The foldable deck provides convenience, which is easy to convert from a scooter into a rolling bag. Moreover, the adjustable handle can be used as a steering grip.
Compact design allows children to carry it neatly. Besides, the wheels are equipped with LED lights that make this item more fun for kids. The compartment isn’t so roomy; therefore, it can only hold smaller items.
A hard plastic shell doesn’t only withstand the impact well, but it’s also water-resistant to avoid all the belongings getting wet. Its size suits both the overhead bin and under-seat of even a small plane. This suitcase is great for children from 4 years old.
- Lightweight design for handling at ease
- A durable and safe luggage
- Flexible interior compartments
- Getting TSA and IATA approved
- Having a heavy-duty outer zippier
|Product dimensions||11 x 12 x 20 inches|
|Colors||Llama, Ladybug, Owl|
|Service||1-year limited warranty|
- Multi-function usage
- The LED wheels look cool
- The grippy handlebars are soft for little hands
- Large compartment
- Built to last construction
- Easy scratches due to the fabric covering
- A bit pricey
10. Best for Travel: Aerolite Trolley Cabin Kids Luggage
On kids’ trips, they usually not only carry their belongings but also want to bring toys. Hence, Aerolite Trolley Cabin Kids Luggage with functional pockets will be an ideal item.
Aside from the spacious compartment, this suitcase is also divided into lots of section pockets, which help train toddlers to organize their stuff logically. Moreover, the front pouch is great for keeping toys such as teddies, dolls, or robots.
The suitcase is made from polyester fabric and sewn firmly to ensure long time usage. Although it is a little huge, it still fits the plane’s storage bins well.
Two mini wheels bring soft mobility. The suitcase also comes with two shoulder straps for kids to convert into a backpack immediately.
In particular, a 2-year warranty is a huge bonus, so you can be assured that it will be exchanged for free if there are any faults by the manufacturer.
- Stylish look
- Compatible perfectly for traveling by plane
- Versatile functions
- Smart adjustable trolley handle
- Providing two multi-directional rolling wheels
- Featuring great compartments and several easy-access pockets
- Ample capacity up to 30L
|Product dimensions||17.71 x 13.77 x 7.87 inches|
|Service||2-year limited warranty|
- Variety of pockets
- Large capacity
- The zippers work softly to open
- This suitcase can fit all the luggage compartments on the plane
- Having both top and side carry handle is a plus
- The two behind wheels make it a little uncomfortable when converting it into a backpack
- The wheels are so small that it makes the bottom part easy to meet the ground and get dirty
Don’t forget to click this video for other great things about this kid’s luggage!
11. Best Set: Sandinrayli 2-Piece Rolling Kids Luggage
Sandinrayli 2-Piece Rolling Kids Luggage comes with two items in a set that kids can use the backpack for school while the suitcase is great to use when traveling.
They’re matching in colors that create synchronization. Besides, astronaut patterns are eye-catching to children and stimulate their desire to learn about the universe.
Two features offer spacious space for all necessary stuff such as clothing, toys, books, and more. Additionally, many interior pockets are convenient to sort things for easy access when needed. Aside from ABS material, the shell is also covered with PC protective film that prevents insides from getting wet even when toddlers walk in the rain.
The suitcase has multi-direction wheels and a telescoping handle that offer effortless movement. Simultaneously, the backpack is designed with a breathable back and padded straps for a comfortable wearing experience. Two-way smooth zippers are satisfied to open and close without any stuck.
- Roomy storage space
- Kid-friendly design
- Created from high-quality ABS materials
- Flexible and lightweight luggage
- Great performance of breathable and adjustable shoulder straps
- Water-resistant surface
- It’s straightforward to clean
|Product dimensions||12 x 8.5 x 18 inches|
- You can use the backpack to wear to school
- It fit ideally for kids from 2 to 8 years old
- The bag has a strap to attach it to the pretty convenient handle
- Colorful universal patterns
- The zipper is a bit flimsy
- The plastic shell may be discolored
12. Best Hard-side: Rockland Carry-On Kids Luggage
If you’re worried about the plastic shell may scratch and break easily, you should consider Rockland Carry-On Kids Luggage due to its high-quality hard-side. Thanks to being made of polycarbonate, the cover’s sturdiness is upgraded. Also, the rubber handle and zipper offer a firm grip.
This suitcase’s capacity is a bit limited, so it cannot fit children’s toys, but only enough to accommodate clothes for their trip. The interior has a separate zip pocket for small items, which may get messy easily. Moreover, the inside is fully lined with a thick layer of fabric.
Its design is modeled after animals that are friendly to children. Besides, the patterns are detailed, such as shark’s jaws and fins. Plus, the shark tag is also adorable, making it easy for kids to identify their suitcases. The wheels are well made so that they do not become loose after a long period of use.
- Lightweight structure
- Unique design
- Fully-lined rubber zippers
- Easy-rolling 360-degree spin wheels
- Adjustable pull handle according to the kid’s height
- Character luggage tags
|Product dimensions||16.5 x 15.6 x 11.8 inches|
- Solid construction
- Vivid decorative details
- Affordable price
- It will be a lovely gift for children
- The inside space is small
- The handle is wobbly
13. Best Soft-side: American Tourister Upright Kids Luggage
For kids who love Disney characters, American Tourister Upright Kids Luggage is great for them. The suitcase stands out with its best soft-side that helps print out images in clarity and detail. Also, this finish offers cleaning with ease.
The product is made from lightweight and durable polyester fabric. It is equipped with in-line mounted skate wheels, and ergonomic handles that give kids comfort to move it around. The design with colorful graphics images of cartoon characters will especially catch toddlers’ attention at first sight.
This bag has only one large compartment and some inside and outside pockets which kids can use to hold books or small essential items. Besides, the cross strap is lovely to keep all the contents in their position. Plus, a zipper pouch for the telescoping handle is a cool idea to hire it.
- Ideal carry-on size for most airlines
- Extra-space mesh pocket on interior panel
- Secured cross straps
- Easy-mobile skate wheels
- Comfortable pull handle
- 10-year limited warranty
|Product dimensions||7 x 12 x 18 inches|
|Service||10-year limited warranty|
- Large capacity
- No rips and tears with the surface
- Colorful suitcase
- Softcover for quick cleaning
- Reasonable price
- The wheels’ height sometimes make the luggage rock back and forth
- The handle grip seem flimsy
14. Best for Toddlers: iPlay, iLearn Unicorn Kids Luggage
iPlay, iLearn Unicorn Kids Luggage has a perfect size for toddlers. This set includes a cute backpack and a rolling suitcase that allow them to wear and roll simultaneously. Moreover, ABS material gives the light in weight for using without spending too much effort.
Fun and cute design contribute to stimulating the excitement of arranging belongings in children. Also, it makes them prefer to pull the suitcase on their own. The compartment isn’t too large, but it has lots of pockets for kids to practice the habit of organizing rationally and tidily.
The handle can adjust to suit both the height of parents and kids. Furthermore, it is also ideal for the bag not to slip off when attaching it on by an add-on strap. Notably, the 360 spinner wheels work softly without making any noise that will be a big plus when parents choose to buy suitcases for their kids because they don’t want to be bothered by the wheels’ noise.
- Made in perfect size with two pieces
- Lightweight and attractive design
- Four smooth and silent rolling wheels
- Extendable and easy-grabbing telescoping handball
- Offering spacious capacity
- 3-level adjustable heights
- Having add-on strap for comfortable carrying
- The great capability of being waterproof
|Product dimensions||11 x 8 x 18 inches|
- Bright colors with adorable details
- Firm handle
- Silent rolling wheels
- Lots of pockets with different storing functions
- The backpack is little small that it suits children of age 2-5 only
- The shell isn’t good impact resistant
You can know more details about this item via the youtube video following!
15. Stephen Joseph Classic Rolling Kids Luggage
Stephen Joseph Classic Rolling Kids Luggage has the same exterior design as a school bag, but it is a useful travel suitcase for kids. Its design is a perfect combination of pastel colors with a unicorn highlight that captures girls’ favorite.
This luggage has a main section to store all kids’ belongings. Besides, it also has functional zipper pockets both inside and outside to hold easy-losing stuff, accessories, milk or water bottles, and more. With its capacity, this suitcase is suitable for short trips or picnics.
The gadget is firmly constructed and is covered with polyester fabric as well as fully lined. The bottom is equipped with two feet that support two in-line wheels to keep stability better. Also, extra-length zippers give children more comfort when using.
- Functional and fun luggage
- Having carry-on size for small travelers
- Coming with a sturdy construction
- Wear and tear-proof polyester exterior
- Roomy main compartment and multiple outside pockets
|Product dimensions||14.5 x 6.5 x 18 inches|
- Toddlers can use it to go to school conveniently
- Functional exterior pouches
- Long telescoping handle to grip
- Perfect size for kids to roll their bag without any difficulties
- This suitcase will be a lovely gift option for your children at special events
- The edges can wear out the cause of friction
- There isn’t a strap or two inside to keep the clothes and things in place
This video will provide you with the more amazing thing about this kid’s luggage! Let’s check now!
Some Fundamental To Consider Before Buying The Best Kids Luggage
When it comes to buying the best kids’ luggage, here are some crucial factors that you need to bear in mind.
Weight And Size
It is vital to pick the proper size and weight of luggage for your adorable children, as they will need to use the smaller option than usual. Therefore, you should choose specialized kid’s luggage to make sure it is compatible with your kid’s usage. Otherwise, the typical carry-on luggage should be ideal if it comes with a compact size.
Besides, you must ensure that your child can handle the weight of the travel bag you purchase, as well as that you can take it alongside your luggage if they ask for assistance.
Material And Durability
The kids might not protect the luggage in the best way like an adult. Therefore, heavy-duty and solid luggage would be essential to consider before buying any kind of kids’ luggage. In detail, the degree of durability a bag requires is primarily determined by the materials and the kind of travel you’ll be doing.
If you and your kids are frequent travelers or intend to go on longer trips, the rough and long-lasting luggage with a larger size would be ideal. Otherwise, compact luggage like a backpack or carry-on luggage might be proper for the short journey or weekend trips traveling by plan.
Regarding materials, you should choose the suitcase with durable and rigid polycarbonate or ABS hardshell elements. Also, with soft-sell luggage, choosing the water-resistant, soft and wipeable vinyl are essential.
The zipper is always the major weakness of luggage because it might be the first component to fail. In the center of a crowded terminal, it can be deadly!
Therefore, look for heavy-duty zippers that are less likely to burst and solid zippers simple for little hands to handle.
Regarding supporting your kids in controlling the luggage, the smooth wheels will be another feature that you should concentrate on. It would be better if the luggage is equipped with double spinner wheels, or at least in-line skate wheels so that the children can single-handedly maneuver the luggage in any direction effortlessly.
The great organization of compartments and pockets are also appealing points that you should concern about. This feature will contribute to packing your kids’ belongings conveniently. Further, it is straightforward to access the luggage if it has a smart design of pockets.
Kids will probably immerse in the colorful, fun, and attractive design. Therefore, the kid’s luggage should come with a kid-friendly design to get their engagement and encourage them to use the luggage naturally. Besides, you can ask and listen to your children’s desire to pick the luggage-style according to their favorite.
Their age will determine the style of children’s luggage you purchase.
Ride-on suitcases can be a big help for little children. They’re spacious enough to fit all a little child needs to travel, but they’re still great for protecting their little legs as they walk down airport halls and allowing them a place to relax while waiting in line.
Scooter luggage can be a nice choice when they get older and too heavy for a ride-on suitcase. It means they won’t have to navigate the long airport corridors, making the trip more enjoyable.
Otherwise, backpack-style or rolling luggage is also suitable for a wide age range. It is even better if you can find one that serves as both a rolling suitcase and a backpack for multiple purposes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some questions often asked about the kid’s luggage. You should take a quick look for more information before making your final decision.
Is it possible for a child to travel with a carry-on bag?
Yes, when a child is a ticketed passenger with their seat, airlines typically permit them to have their carry-on.
Is it preferable for kids to have hard-side or soft-side luggage?
Both have different advantages, and it’s pretty up to your favorite to opt for the ideal one. If you prefer to use ultra-durable and strong-enduring luggage, choose the hard-side luggage. Plus, the hard-side type allows you to clean and maintain easer, thanks to the flat exterior finish. Otherwise, the soft-side luggage would be lighter and flexible in packing more things without trouble.
Is a kid’s backpack consider a carry-on bag?
Yes, if it has the size meet the airline’s restriction for carrying on the plane.
My Top Pick
I would choose American Tourister Hardside Upright Kids Luggage is my top pick for little children among numerous models. It delivers an excellent performance as a kid rolling luggage with smooth wheels. Further, it is convenient for kids to use because of the carry-on size restrictions.
Hopefully, my article will help you to find the optimum choice. If you find my review helpful, don’t forget to share it with your friends and relatives.